|Danny fuffing his first candle.|
Last year, for Zac's 5th birthday we did it properly and had a joint party in the village hall with one of his friends and invited the whole class. We had a magician to entertain them, who was really great, and it wasn't as stressful as I thought it was going to be, but I have to say that afterwards I felt like we'd done that kind of party and probably wouldn't need to repeat the exercise- I'm hoping Danny's will be a one-off too!!
Other than that we have got away with having little teas with grandparents or some of the cousins, or a couple of friends and they have all been lovely!
I guess the main marker of each birthday has been the cake. Martin's mum is amazingly creative and has allowed the boys to choose what kind of cake they'd like.
Here's a little compilation of Zac's:
|Cool cakes from 1 to 6!|
- 1st A very basic Upsy Daisy cake made by me!
- 2nd A brilliant Thomas the Tank Engine cake made by Nanny.
- 3rd Awesome Spitfire cake (Nanny!)
- 4th Building Site cake with Diggers (Nanny)
- 5th Volcano cake with sparkly candles (Nanny)
- 6th Thunderbird 2 cake, requested the day before his birthday and while Nanny was unavailable... therefore made by Martin and me!
Danny has had:
- 1st White Duck cake (Nanny)
- 2nd Tractor cake(Nanny)
- 3rd Jellyfish Bloom cake (Me- thanks for that Octonauts!)
- 4th Chocolate 4 cake, on holiday in France (Auntie Tory and Granny!)